Jalsa Salana, Australia
The Annual Convention
History in the making - Huzur's Visit to Australia 2006
Day 7 Highlights - 17/04/06
- On the 17th of April 2006, Huzur (aba) chaired a Waqf-e-Nau class in the upstairs hall of the Bait-Ul-Huda Mosque in Sydney.
- The Waqf-e-Nau scheme was proposed to the Ahmadiyya Community on the 3rd of April 1987 by Hazrat Khalifatul Masih IV, Hazrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad (ra) to dedicate their children to the cause of Islam before birth.
- This initiative has been enthusiastically received by the Jamaat and there are now more than 20,000 children who are part of this Scheme.
- The Waqf-e-Nau class commenced with the recitation of the Holy Quran at 10:20am, which was followed by an Urdu and English translation.
- Before this, Huzur (aba) enquired from a number of children what their future plans were and in which countries did they want to go and commit their lives for the cause of Islam.
- Then there were a whole range of Nazms (religious poems), English and Urdu speeches and Hadeeth presented by different Waqf-e-Nau children from around Australia.
- Huzur (aba) praised a couple of the speeches that were really well presented.
- One of the highlights of the program was the Arabic Qaseedah, which was presented beautifully by a group of children.
- There were also two presentations with the assistance of power point slides. The first one was on Australia, its brief history and additional information about the country. The second presentation was on the 10 most dangerous creatures in Australia.
- Huzur (aba) also corrected one of the Urdu speeches, where the child delivering the speech made an error in the number of countries where the Jamaat has been established.
- The class came to an end at 11:20am, with Huzur (aba) giving out pens to all the Waqf-e-Nau children in a very friendly and loving manner.
- The children then went outside to have snacks and refreshments.
- After the Waqf-e-Nau class, Huzur chaired an Atfal class, for all the non Waqf-e-Nau children.
- The class began with the recitation of the Holy Quran at 11:25am.
- This was followed by the translation and then various religious poems and speeches were presented.
- Children also asked some riddles amongst each other and then Huzur (aba) asked a riddle to the kids himself. The children gave some amusing answers but could not get the correct one, so Huzur (aba) eventually had to tell them the answer.
- Huzur (aba) was in a very light and relaxed mood during this class and at the end of the class gave out pens to all the children.
- This signaled the end of the program at 12:05pm.
- Huzur (aba) had a meeting with the Majlis Ansarullah Ahmadiyya Australia at 4pm that continued on till 4:40pm.
- Huzur (aba) then held a meeting with the Engineering and I.T. professionals of Australia. Initially both members of these professions were working together in one association, but with the advice of Huzur (aba) they were separated into the Ahmadiyya Architects & Engineers Association of Australia and the Ahmadiyya Association of Computer Professionals. The committee of each association was also elected in the presence of his Holiness.
- After this, Huzur (aba) graciously met with another 32 families between the hours of 5:30pm and 7:00pm.
Signing off for today, the 17th of April 2006,11:10pm
Syed Tariq Ahmed - Editor News Gents